(561) 635-7541 · email@example.com
Author of the book, Water Signs: A Story of Love and Renewal, 2008, winner of the Book of the Week Award from Blurb! Radio. Available for preview and purchase at www.watersignsnovel.com and www.amazon.com. Ten percent of sales donated to Soldiers’ Angels.
DARIA A. DIGIOVANNI, INC., Boca Raton, Florida · 2003-Present
Provide writing and editorial services for diversified publications and websites. http://www.dariaanne.wordpress.com
Consultant / Freelance Writer
Research, interview, write and edit diversified, informative monthly articles, feature stories, and marketing communications. Provide content for business websites and promote client products and services via social media sites including Facebook and Twitter. Industries covered include finance, real estate, politics, culture, and health and wellness.
- Wrote copy for Taylor and Francis, a textbook publishing company whose international clients include Fortune 500 companies, universities, post-graduate and undergraduate students Applied critical thinking skills to distill key points and write compelling copy for a Ph.D.-level audience. Subjects included business, chemistry, engineering, and Information Technology. Produced a variety of promotional pieces such as catalogs, multi-brochures, flyers and websites, as well as New Title Information (NTI) scripts employed by our internal sales team. Collaborated closely with designers, editors, authors and marketing managers.
- Contributed feature articles for OnTheInsideOnline.com. Topics included real estate trends and related legislation.
- Offered writing and editorial services for You Deserve the Royal Treatment, a women’s health & wellness book published in 2008 by author Stacey Joiner; The Big Black Lie, an autobiography published by author Kevin Jackson in 2009; Child of Destiny, a romance novel published by author Tess McNamara in 2009; and the forthcoming Goffle Road Murders by author and historian Donald E. Smith, Jr.
- Provided feature stories about inspiring individuals for the Boca Raton newspaper, The Happy Herald.
- Wrote on a broad range of issues for Single Republican.com, emphasizing the 2004 presidential campaign and election. Appeared on Fox News Channel (Fox News Live with Dari Alexander) to discuss political trends in August 2004.
- Participated in the Delray Beach Library’s Eleventh Annual Author’s Showcase in January, 2010, as one of twelve local authors selected out of 60 applicants.
- Contribute regular articles to the pop-culture website, Parcbench.
Cendyn, Boca Raton, Florida • 2007-2008
Boca Raton-based firm specializing in web-based RFP products for clients in the hospitality and travel industries.
Employed master knowledgebase to write sales content for Cendyn’s signature e-Proposal, the company’s online RFP product.
- Researched and analyzed information, based upon specific client requirements, to promote use of hotel facilities for corporate conventions, product launch meetings and other events.
- Produced an average of five e-Proposals per week, on tight deadlines.
- Improved upon existent master knowledgebase and generate new content.
- Supported the efforts of internal and external sales staff to expand Cendyn’s customer accounts as well as generate higher profits for existing clients.
- Consistently assigned to new client accounts, due to excellent performance.
Franklin Resources, Inc. • 2008
A global investment management organization known as Franklin Templeton Investments.
Researched, edited and created content for firm’s master database, referenced in the creation of professional RFPs.
- Analyzed and organized assigned subcategory information into succinct, well-written records and responses to support the efforts of the Global RFP Department and the sales team
- Conferred with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Product Managers to ensure timeliness and accuracy of records and responses
- Produced an average one completed subcategory every month on tight deadlines, with approximately 60 records and responses per subcategory
WASHINGTON MUTUAL, Boca Raton, Florida · 1998-2003
Seattle-based national bank providing financial products and services to consumers and small businesses.
Program Manager, 7/1999-5/2000
Community Relations Specialist, 4/1998-7/1999
- Recruited to market bank presence/programs throughout professional, business and education communities. Promoted to Program Manager, which added planning, negotiation, facilitation and implementation of state-wide marketing sponsorships to Community Relations role. Presented at, and attended local events, and encouraged use of programs such as School Savings and WaMoola for Schools throughout the school system. Awarded Star Performer, 1999 for outstanding success implementing the bank’s programs throughout Florida.
- Developed thorough knowledge of financial services, consumer and residential loans, and savings, checking and money market accounts.
- Wrote speeches for, and prepared company managers for press interviews.
- Wrote press releases and submitted articles to company newsletter. Managed United Way campaign state-wide and Employee Volunteer program throughout Florida and Texas.
- Via Regional Manager special request and “needs of the business” situation, accepted recruiter position based on prior experience. Screened, recruited and hired exempt and non-exempt consumer bank employees for 30 financial centers using specialized software and variety of assessments. Reduced open positions by almost 50% (from 50 to 25-30) at any time as a result of organization skills, work ethic (worked unpaid on Saturdays) and ability to inspire applicants around company culture and direction.
ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION, Boca Raton, Florida · 1996-1998
National, non-profit organization assisting people with all types/aspects of arthritis.
- Opened new office in Boca Raton, supervising up to 20 volunteers at any given time.
- Launched extensive program development activities, including recruiting psychologists, doctors and nurses to conduct voluntary presentations for arthritis patients.
- Arranged facilities and managed all promotional efforts, including key placement of press releases in major local newspapers.
- Networked for donations and sponsorships, including contacting community leaders and attending various local events. Petitioned companies for in-kind donations.
SIRS, INC., Boca Raton, Florida · 1995-1996
Electronic marketing company specializing in the development and provision of teaching tools and products for kindergarten through college.
Human Resources Assistant
Screened, interviewed and hired new employees across a variety of functional areas. Consulted with hiring managers to understand the position scope, requirements and skills, wrote job advertisements, conducted phone and in-person pre-screening interviews and completed background/reference checks. Facilitated monthly Benefits Orientation for new hires.
- Sustained dynamic pace, often filling positions within 2 weeks time.
STIVERS, INC., Wayne, Pennsylvania · 1993-1994
Chicago-based, multi-state employment agency
Cold-called small-to-large businesses with emphasis on financial services companies. Interacted with owners and/or personnel managers and identified hiring needs. Presented credentials and capabilities of company in an effort to secure on-going placement relationships. Assisted with placement activities in-office.
- Achieved within top 5 salespeople every month throughout tenure.
Bachelor of Arts in English
Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania